dinsdag 22 november 2016

OMG MAGIC MIKE IS PERFORMING IN THE NETHERLANDS

In the past few days I've seen quite a lot of posts on Facebook by friends about "Magic Mike is coming to the Netherlands!!". Although I have never been a fan of the film myself, I found it intriguing to see people get so exciting about this. A quick google search further and the headlines scream “OMG! Magic Mike is going to perform in the Netherlands” and “Channing Tatum is performing in a sexy Magic Mike live show”. Throughout the messages by females and some males I found the message of pure objectivism of the body of the performers. And I wondered, is it because the show allows for the normalisation of objectification of the body? Or is it because we all secretly desire to gaze at fantastic looking bodies, male or female?



In this small clip we see two male dancers doing all sorts of tricks, with what I assume is the intention to get not only the girls on the stage interested but also the girls in the room. What caught my eye is that not once is the performance filmed from the perspective of the woman on stage, but all from within the general area. For me it creates a feeling of desiring something that cannot be obtained, and maybe that’s the trick to keeping shows such as these interesting. The unobtainable object that we’re merely allowed to look at. Luckily Channing Tatum’s wife has a good sense of humour about the
subject:

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten